Postcard

 Published by  James J McCulloch & Co, Edinburgh

The Forth Bridge

 

The Forth Bridge
South Queensferry

J M Postcard  -  Caledonia Series  -  The Forth Bridge

  Copyright: For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

Enlarge this photo

   Enlargement of a J M Postcard  -  Caledonia Series  -  The Forth Bridge

 

Edinburgh Castle Esplanade

This postcard is one of the postcards in the J M Caledonia series with a tartan border.  Some of the cards in this series are numbered, but not this one.

The card above has a message: "Having a fine time and good weather.  From Charles"  However, it has not been sent through the post.

The Forth Bridge was completed in 1890, taking the railway across the Firth of Fort, about ten miles to the west of the centre of Edinburgh, from South Queensferry to North Queensferry. 

South Queensferry is now within the City of Edinburgh boundary.

 

Thumbnail Images

J M Postcards                        The Forth Bridge

  

 

 

__________________