Scottish National Exhibition
The Scottish National Exhibition was held in Saughton Park in 1908.
After the exhibition closed, the buildings were re-erected to create
Marine Gardens at Seafield, Portobello
Marine Gardens Pleasure Park had a ballroom,
theatre, amusement park and figure of eight roller coaster. The
pleasure park was on the site now occupied by Lothian Buses bus depot.
The site was taken over by the military as billets in 1914. Many of
the attractions never re-opened, though the ballroom survived until 1939.