The S.S. William Muir operated as a ferry for the
five-mile journey across the Firth of Forth between
(now a suburb of Edinburgh) and Burntisland in Fife for many
It was refurbished around 1910, one of its two funnels
being removed. In the photograph above the ferry has only one
funnel. This photo may well have been taken immediately
after the refurbishment.
The Valentine No 65570 on the front of this
card indicates a date of 'around 1909'.