Warrender Park Road lies to
the south of Bruntsfield Links, about a mile SW of the centre of
It is one of several streets
that were built on the Bruntsfield estate around 1870. The
Bruntsfield estate was bought in 1695 by George Warrender, who went on to
become Lord Provost of Edinburgh in 1713 and Sir George in 1714.
most of above: History and Derivation of Edinburgh Street Names
[Edinburgh Corporation City Engineers Dept]