Caroline Park Grove

Houses Demolished

Looking east along West Granton Road    -    August 2006

Caroline Park Grove

  peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk                                                                                     Photograph taken August 22 2006 at 1.19pm

 

Enlarge this picture

      Caroline Park Grove

 

Caroline Park Grove

This view looks to the east along West Granton Road, towards Granton Square. 

The rubble on the left-hand side of this picture is the remains of these houses in Caroline Park Grove:

Caroline Park Grove

In the foreground, now fenced off, is the entrance to a small street, also named Caroline Park Grove.  It can be seen on the 1955 map below, leading into the area then labelled 'Ministry lf Labour Training Centre'.

Please click on the map below to enlarge it:

Edinburgh and Leith map, 1955  -  Edinburgh Waterfront

 

Waterfront

Pilton

 Around Edinburgh

 

 

__________________