Firth of Forth

Granton-Burntisland Ferry

"William Muir"

Approaching Burntisland  -  the ferry from Granton, William Muir,

A photograph by Andrew Young.

The Granton-Burntisland Ferry, The "Willie Muir"  -  photographed by Andrew Young

  Reproduced from The Practical Photographer, December 1895[before p.367], by courtesy of Edinburgh Photographic Society

 

"William Muir"

Granton-Burntisland Ferry

The 'William Muir was built for the North British Railway in 1879 to be used on the passenger ferry service across the Firth of Forth between Granton and Burntisland.  It provided good service, and continued to operate on the service until 1937!

Please click here to read more about the 'William Muir'.

 

 Andrew Young  -  Background

Andrew Young - Thumbnail photos

More photos: Firth of Forth More photos: Around Edinburgh

 

 

__________________