Granton Middle Pier

Lifting Yachts from the Harbour

Granton Harbour

Slipway at RFYC boat yard on Middle Pier. This was used by the Granton-Burntisland rail ferry from 1849.

LEFT: Anchor apartments and Royal Forth Yacht Club's clubhouse.  RIGHT: The club's workshops/storage.

Granton Harbour - October 27, 2007  -  The day that boats were lifted out of the harbour for the winter

 Copyright: peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk                                                                                   Photograph taken     October 27, 2007

 

Enlarge this picture

    Granton Harbour - October 27, 2007  -  The day that boats were lifted out of the harbour for the winter

Recollections

1.

Alastair James Berry

Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Thank you to Alastair James Berry who wrote:

The Slipway

"This slipway was the loading  point for the 'WILLIAM MUIR'  and later  the 'THANE OF FIFE'.

It is also where Old Mac  would row yacht club  members   to   and  from their boats  for a small  donation and a nip from a hip  flask (to keep out  the cold).

The  'PHAROS'  lighthouse supplie ship  tied up at  the top of  the  ramp."

Al\stair James Berry, Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada:  24 March 2019

 

  

Granton

Granton Middle Pier

 

__________________