Housing for the Homeless
During World War II Lochinvar Camp was a Naval training establishment, but
following the end of the war, in 1946, it passed to Edinburgh Council and
was used to house homeless families that did not qualify for council
The camp was on the northern half of Wardie Primary School playing
fields, Granton Road, about half a mile to the south-east of Granton
The camp remained in use from 1946 until around 1956.