Guest Sitting Room
The photo at the top of
this page is of Bedroom No.1 in the tower at Lauriston Castle.
The tower dates from
1590 and is the oldest part of Lauriston Castle. It includes:
- Tower Bedrooms Nos.1,
3, 4 (No.2 being Mr Barton's Bedroom)
- Tower Bathroom
Tower Cloakroom and
The Oak Room.
The Oak Room
The other Principal Rooms in the castle were added in 1827, or 1872
in the case of the library.
Ref. The booklet, 'Lauriston Castle: An Edinburgh villa' (City of
Edinburgh Museums & Galleries).