Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Trinity College Church

Trinity College Church  -  at its original site in Low Calton

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Trinity College Church

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

Trinity College Church

This engraving of Trinity College Church is after a drawing by Sandby, in Maitland's History of Edinburgh.  This view also shows the Church Officer's House and part of Trinity Hospital.  Here is another view of the church.

The church stood in the valley to the south-west of Calton Hill.  

Trinity College Church was demolished to enable the railway to be built.   It was partially reconstructed many years later, off Jeffrey Street.

 

 

 

__________________