Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Huntly House

Huntly House  -  The Canongate

Engraving in 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Huntly House

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

Huntly House  -  The Canongate

This engraving by Nicholls shows the front of the Marquis of Huntly's House, facing onto the Canongate.  On the opposite side of the road is the Canongate Tolbooth.

For many years this building has been a museum 

-  formerly Huntly House Museum,

-  recently (around 2001) re-named The Museum of Edinburgh.

Please click here to see an engraving of the back of Huntly House, as seen from Bakehouse Close.

 

 

 

__________________