Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

The Scott Monument

The Scott Monument  -  Princes Street

Engraving in 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  The Scott Monument in Princes Street

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

The Scott Monument

This engraving of the Scott Monument is by Butterworth & Heath.

The monument was completed in 1844.  

It was photographed under construction by Hill & Adamson and by Talbot, and has remained a popular subject of photography and vantage point for photographers.

 

Views taken from the Scott Monument

Looking to the west: Looking to the east:
Princes Street - View from the Scott Monument of a "tram jamb" in the early 1950s

Princes Street  -  Looking East from Scott Monument  -  1912 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________