Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

The Meadows

The Meadows  -  about 1810

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  The Meadows

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

The Meadows  -  about 1810

Here is a view looking to the north-east across The Meadows towards Edinburgh Castle.

 Cattle can no longer be found grazing on The Meadows, but this part of Edinburgh is still open land.

There was once a loch on The Meadows  -  the Burgh Loch.

The Burgh Loch

    Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  The Burgh Loch

 

 

 

__________________