Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

The Burgh Loch

The Burgh Loch

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  The Burgh Loch

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

The Burgh Loch

There was once a loch on The Meadows, known as the Burgh Loch.

The view in this engraving looks across the loch towards George Heriot's School (the light building in the centre) and St Giles Cathedral (the darker building behind, towards the right)

 

 

 

__________________