Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Hawthornden

 

Hawthornden  -  1883

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Hawthornden

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

Hawthornden  -  1883

This view of Hawthornden in 1883 is after a photograph by GW Wilson & Co.

Hawthornden is about 7 miles to the south of Edinburgh Hawthornden, with its surrounding countryside, including Roslyn Chapel, was a popular area for photographers and others to visit in the 19th century.

Please click the image below to see an earlier view of Hawthornden.

Hawthornden

1773

   Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Hawthornden

 

 

 

__________________