Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Hawthornden

 

Hawthornden  -  1773

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Hawthornden

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

Hawthornden  -  1773

This view of Hawthornden in 1883 is after an etching by John Clerk of Eldin.

Hawthornden is about 7 miles to the south of Edinburgh Hawthornden, with its surrounding countryside, including Roslyn Chapel, was a popular area for photographers and others to visit in the 19th century.

Please click the  image below to see a later view of Hawthornden.

Hawthornden

1883

    Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh  -  Hawthornden

 

 

 

__________________