Donaldson's College

Thomas Vernon Begbie  -  late 1850s

Edinburgh -  Donaldson's College  -  now a school for the deaf

  Donaldson's School - Photograph by Begbie

MAPS for Begbie photos:    Edinburgh & Leith

  The Cavaye Collection of Thomas Begbie Prints: City Art Centre, City of Edinburgh Museums and Galleries 

 

Donaldson's College

School for the Deaf

Donaldson's College -  now a School for the Deaf - is at West Coats, about a mile to the west of the West End of Princes Street.  It was opened in 1850 by Queen Victoria.  It is reported that she suggested exchanging it for her Holyrood House.

The building was completed in 1851.  The Architect was  William Henry Playfair

 

Donaldson's College  -  Photos

Donaldson's College  -  News

 

  Buildings:       Canongate Tolbooth      Castle      Free Church     General Post Office Holyrood     John Knox      Maule's       Monuments       Galleries         Old Town         Royal High School       St Giles       St Mary's       Scott Monument      Schools + Hospitals        Looking down

 

__________________