ORIGINALLY

Victoria Hall

Built 1842-45 as the Assembly Hall (Victoria Hall) to house the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland

A landmark with its tall spire, close to the top of the Royal Mile

RENAMED IN 1950

Highland Tolbooth
 St John's Church

usually referred to as Tolbooth or Tolbooth St John's

and used by various congregations until 1984

NOW RENAMED

The Hub

The home of Edinburgh International Festival

Restaurant, Concerts, Banquets, and sale of Festival tickets

  

Engraving  -  1845

Published in Old & New Edinburgh - 1890

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Assembly Hall

Assembly Hall

Castle Hill

  

Recent Photographs

Photo taken during a visit with the Edinburgh Clock Winder

Tolbooth St John's Church - 1993

1993

Church Hall  -  Being Refurbished

1993

Ladder to the Clock

The Hub  -  Hall in the former Tolbboth St Giles Church,  2011

2011

The Hub  -  Hall

The Hub  -  Hall in the former Tolbboth St Giles Church,  2011

2011

The Hub  -  Hall  -  zoom-in

The Hub  -  Staircase in the former Tolbboth St John's Church

2011

The Hub  -  Staircase  -  looking down

The Hub  -  Staircase in the former Tolbboth St John's Church

2011

The Hub  -  Staircase  -  looking up

  

Photographs  - 2000s

Panoramic view from the Camera Obscura

Key to Panoramic View from the Camera Obscura to be displayed below the key to this photo

   Panoramic View from the Camera Obscura to be displayed below the key to this photo

View from Camera Obscura

 

 

EDINBURGH:   Street Views + Buildings + Around Edinburgh

BUILDINGS:   Canongate Church     Canongate Tolbooth      Castle      Free Church     GPO     Holyrood      John Knox      Maule's      Monuments    Galleries     Old Town       Royal High School      St Giles     St Mary's     Scott Monument    Schools + Hospitals     Looking down

 

 

 

__________________