School since 1875
This school in Davie Street was built in 1875. The inscription,
high on the wall reads: 'George Heriot Hospital School'. The
school later became Davie Street Primary School.
The old school has now been converted to housing, creating 11
apartments, most with one bedroom. The development is known as
'Primary One, Davie Street.'
Here is Davie Street School, seen on a misty day in 1959, one of a
series of photos taken around Dumbiedykes in the late 1950s, shortly
before mush co the housing was demolished: