Here is a view of one of the streets in the
Dumbiedykes area of Edinburgh in 1959.
There were shops at the corners of many of the
street in the district. This was a time when shopping was done
locally, rather than at 'out of town' supermarkets.
The large photograph above was one of several dozen taken in 1959 by Adam H
Malcolm in the Dumbiedykes area of Edinburgh. These photographs were
taken shortly before the houses were demolished. Adam H Malcolm donated these photographs to the Edinburgh City
Libraries in the 1960s and they can now be found in the Library's
Edinburgh Room Collection.