Here is an attractive advert taken from the
Edinburgh Official Guide, 1923. The transport in the advert captures
the spirit of the age.
The is the view from one of the rooms in the
Caledonian Hotel, a hotel built on top of the Caledonian Railway Station,
at the junction of Lothian Road and Princes Street.
Princes Street, with the
the Scott Monument
and the monuments on
Calton Hill all just visible close to the centre of the picture
King's Stables Road (left) and Castle Terrace (right), separated by a row
of trees, both leading towards Edinburgh Castle.