St Leonard's

 Parish Church

This church was built in 1880 for the congregation of Newington.  From 1932, it became:

"The Church of Christ"

In 1981, the congregation became part of the United Reformed Church.  The church continued to be used by the same congregation but the church became known as:

"Dalkeith Road
United Reformed Church".

In 1991, the church was sold to the Catholic congregation of St Margaret & St Leonard.  The church then became:

"The Catholic Church

of St Margaret & St Leonard"

Thank you to John Blyth, Edinburgh for providing some of the details above:  July 6, 2010

 

 

St Leonard's Parish Church

Photos 2009

The former St Leonard's Parish Church

The former St Leonard's Parish Church

 

St Leonard's Parish Church

Postcards

Early 1900s

  Looking along Lutton Place to St Leonard's Parish Church

Looking E down Lutton Place
towards the church

   St Leonard's Church and Nelson's Works, Newington, Edinburgh

Looking SE up Dalkeith Road
 towards Nelson's Works

 

St Leonard's Parish Church Recollections

Around Edinburgh

 

   

 

__________________