Edinburgh Transport  -  Railways

Arriving at

Pinkhill Station

1957

Edinburgh Railways  -  Pinkhill Station  -  1957

   Reproduced with acknowledgement to the photographer, WAC Smith, Glasgow, and to Irwell Press, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, Wales
This is one of the photos that appeared in 'An Illustrated History of Edinburgh's Railways' (WAC Smith + Paul Anderson).

Arriving at Pinkhill  Station

1957

This photo of Pinkhill station was taken on December 14, 1957.

The three-coach local train is being hauled by loco No.67617.

The sign on the platform refers to Edinburgh Zoological Park.  The zoo is on Corstorphine Hill, to the north of  Corstorphine Road.  Corstorphine Road is behind the trees on the right of the photo.

Here are more photos of Pinkhill station:

Edinburgh Railways  -  Pinkhill Station  -  1957     Edinburgh Railways  -  Leaving Pinkhill Station  -   1960

 

 

Edinburgh Railway Lines and Stations

Edinburgh

Central

North

West

East

South

SW

Leith

  

 

  

Pinkhill Station

A diesel multiple unit at Pinkhill station in 1967.  Pinkhill was close to Edinburgh Zoo and was the last stop on the line from Edinburgh Waverley to Corstorphine.

Please click below to see another view of Pinkhill Station

Edinburgh Railways  -  Leaving Pinkhill Station  -   1957

 

 

Edinburgh Railway Lines and Stations

Edinburgh

Central

North

West

East

South

SW

Leith

  

 

  

 

 

__________________