Here is a
quiet scene at the Scott Monument in Princes Street, with just one car and
gives a good idea of the height of the monument with its viewing gallery
looking to the west along Princes Street, from which many photographs have
been taken since the monument was built in the 1840s.
(and its viewing galleries, giving views in all directions) is still
open to visitors.
photograph may have been taken in the 1920s. The poles have been
erected for the electric trams that replaced the cable trams in Princes
Street in 1922.