Edinburgh New Town

Broughton

Kirkwood Map  -  1819

Detail from map of Edinburgh New Town  -  Kirkwood, 1819  -  Broughton

  Reproduced by courtesy of the National Library of Scotland.
Click here for further info, and for the NLS maps web site.

Aerial View  -  2001

Detail from an aerial photograph of Edinburgh  -  XYZ Digital Map Co,  2001  -  Broughton

  Copyright: XYZ Digital Map Company Limited.
  Click here for details of web site.

Move west     Move east     Move south     Zoom-out

 

Broughton

Detail from map of Edinburgh New Town  -  Kirkwood, 1819  -  Broughton

Enlarge this map

The district of Broughton lies about a quarter of a mile to the north of the East End of Princes Street.

Little now remains of the old village of Broughton, though there is still one narrow lane through the area, named Broughton Market.

The house in the top-left corner in Drummond Place (not named on this section of the map) is the Custom House  (now no longer standing). 

However, St Paul's Chapel (now St Paul's Church) in York Place is still in use as a church.

 

Kirkwood Map  -  1819

Whole map        Sections        Streets + Buildings

 

 

__________________