and the Naturalist Field Club were joint tenants of Room 35 at 20 George
Street in 1888. Each society
had use of the room for 3 evenings every week.
1889, EPS, Naturalist Field Club and Microscopic Society became joint
tenants of this room – EPS’s share of the rent reducing from one half to
“oaken gothic” bookcase, still owned by EPS, was donated to the Society,
and installed in the rooms at 20 George Street.
Sir Walter Scott is reputed to have designed it for the library at