Large Hall, 117 George Street
Reproduced by courtesy of Edinburgh
moved to 117 George Street in 1925, renting the premises from the
Royal Scottish Society of Arts.
large hall was on the ground floor, and was capable of accommodating 240
people in the area, and 60 people in the gallery.
It was fitted with
electric lantern in the gallery, a permanent lantern screen, silent signal,
darkroom curtain, and facilities for experimental demonstrations. ….”
basement was centrally heated and ventilated.
A complete system of cubicles was installed.
Each cubicle had a water supply and lighting, so that workers could
work individually in compartments, developing, enlarging and