N P G
'Neue Photographische Gesellschaft'
is the 'Neue Photographische Gesellschaft' (New Photographic Society),
founded in 1894 by an east Prussian, Arthur Schwarz (born 1862) and based in
The society grew to 35 members in 1897, and
turned into a Ltd. company in 1899. As well as photographic services,
the company was involved with the manufacture of Stereoscopes and
also had a library of over 1600 volumes. The First World War damaged
business, and by 1921/22 the company was struggling, and was eventually
taken over by the Dresden concern,
The 'NPG' name was continued UNTIL 1948
when it came to an end.