Police Box

The Flodden Wall

at the corner of Drummond Street and Pleasance

The Flodden Wall  -  December  2007

The Flodden Wall and Police Box on the corner of Drummond Street and Pleasance  -  December 2007

Peter Stubbs:  Please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk                                                      Photo taken:  December 22, 2007

 

Enlarge this photo

    The Flodden Wall and Police Box on the corner of Drummond Street and Pleasance  -  December 2007

Drummond Street

The Flodden Wall

The high wall in this photo is part of the Flodden Wall, built around Edinburgh to protect it from invasion by the English, following the Battle of Flodden in 1513 in which King James IV was killed.

This is the SE corner of the wall.  It originally enclosed the Blackfriar's Monastery.

The Police Box

The old Police Box, no longer in use,  stands beside the corner of the wall.

Here is another photograph of the same Police Box.

Police Box beneath the Floddon Wall at the corner of Drummond Street and Pleasance

Other Police Boxes

Many of the old Edinburgh Police Boxes have recently been converted to coffee stalls, but the box in the Grassmarket may soon revert to its original use.

The Meadows  -  This is one of several old Edinburgh Police Boxes that have been converted into Coffee Kiosks

 

Police Boxes

Drummond Street
Photos

Drummond Street
Recollections

 

 

__________________