Drumsheugh is one of the many Granton trawlers that is included on Andy
Hall's Granton Trawlers web
The trawler did not in fact become GN37 until 1948.
- The trawler was launched on February 2, 1911, named 'Dane'.
- Built by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Beverley.
- Built for Imperial Steam Fishing Co, Hull, H227.
- Length 140ft, breadth 23 ft, 87HP.
- 1915-19: Requisitioned and converted to a minesweeper.
- 1919-40: Ownership changed several times.
- 1940-43: Requisitioned and converted to a minesweeper.
- 1943-48: Ownership changed several times.
- 1948-54: Owners Drum Fishing Co, Granton, named
- 1954: Scrapped by Malcolm Brechin at Granton.
For further details of the trawler's history, please see this page on
the Granton Trawlers web site: