the runners pass a group of spectators in Lower Granton Road,
shortly after leaving
Square. This section of the course runs along the Firth of Forth from
and Leith Harbour
The grass on the right of this picture was, until a few years ago, a
raised embankment built in 1846 to extend the
railway from the centre of Edinburgh via Scotland Street tunnel to
reach Granton Harbour.
This is to become
part of Edinburgh's new
scheduled to open in 2009.