Edinburgh Waterfront

Granton Middle Pier

Lamp Post

Lamp Post on Middle Pier, Granton Harbour
and view across Granton Eastern Harbour

Middle Pier, Granton Harbour  -  Lamp Post

 Copyright: peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk                         Photograph taken at 3 August 2004

zoom-in to top of lamp post with the lettering
 'Granton Pier'
on the arm

Middle Pier, Granton Harbour  -  Lamp Post top

 Copyright: Peter Stubbs  -   please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk                                                     Photograph taken at 3 August 2004

zoom-in to base of lamp post with the lettering
 'ALLOA FOUNDRY'
'1842'
on the
metal plate at the base

Middle Pier, Granton Harbour  -  Lamp Post base

 Copyright: Peter Stubbs  -   please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk                                        Photograph taken at 18 July 2004

Middle Pier, Granton Harbour  -  Lamp Post base  -  zoom-in

 Copyright: Peter Stubbs  -   please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk                                        Photograph taken at 18 July 2004

 

Edinburgh Waterfront

Granton Middle Pier

Lamp Post

Four Lamp Posts

Four of the old lamp posts on Granton Middle Pier have survived.  The one above is in the best condition.  It is on the eastern side of the pier.  There are two lamp posts on each side of the Pier.  All are close to the Coastguard's Office and the Clubhouse of the Royal Forth Yacht Club.

1842

The date on the lamp post is 1842.  This is the year that Queen Victoria and Prince Albert arrived at Middle Pier, four years after it was opened.  Please click here to read when Granton Harbour was built.

2007

The photos above were taken in 2004.  Please click on the thumbnail image below to see a photograph of one of the lamp posts, taken three years later.

1842 lamp post at Middle Pier, Granton Harbour  -  photographed 2007

 

 

 

__________________