Great Exhibition - 1886
Great Exhibition of 1886, held in the Meadows, Edinburgh, included a
reproduction of streets with 44 buildings from the Old Town of Edinburgh
in the seventeenth century, including:
Cardinal Beaton's House
The Nether Bow
was intended that this part of the Great Exhibition should remain as a
permanent feature of The Meadows after the exhibition closed, but
planning controls prohibited the any permanent buildings on this site so
the old buildings were removed when the exhibition closed.
of these buildings were produced by Marshall
Wane as cabinet
prints and cartes de visite. A couple of decades later,
Marshall Wane produced the same images as postcards.