Trinity College Church

Also known as Trinity Church
and as College Church

Trinity Church was originally in Low Calton, but was removed to make way for the building of the railway and Waverley Station.

The stones lay on Calton Hill for many years, before the church was partially rebuilt close to the Royal Mile, close to John Knox House, down Trunk's Close.  The church has now found a new use, as the Edinburgh Brass Rubbing Centre.

 

 Old & New Edinburgh  -  1890

Engraving from 'Old &  New Edinburgh'  -  Trinity College Church

Trinity College Church

at its original site

Engraving in 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Trinity College Church

Trinity College Church

at its original site

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Trinity College Church

Trinity College Church

partially rebuilt

 

 Engraving by Lizars

Engraving by Lizars after Ewbank  -  undated  -  Trintiy College Church in Low Calton

Trinity College Church

after a drawing by Ewbank

 

Ecclesiastical Antiquities of Scotland

c1847

Modern Athens

1829

Trinity College Church - from a drawing by Billings - engraved for inclusion in Billings' Ecclesiastical Antiquities of Scotland, published by Blackwood & Sons around 1847 

Trinity College Church

The Choir

Engraving in 'Modern Athens'  -  Trinity Church

Trinity Church

 

 

EDINBURGH:   Street Views + Buildings + Around Edinburgh

BUILDINGS:   Canongate Church     Canongate Tolbooth      Castle      Free Church     GPO     Holyrood      John Knox      Maule's      Monuments    Galleries     Old Town       Royal High School      St Giles     St Mary's     Scott Monument    Schools + Hospitals     Looking down

 

 

 

__________________