Edinburgh New Town

Engravings

The Scott Monument

The Monument was completed in 1844.

It was photographed under construction by Hill & Adamson and by Talbot.

Engravings  -  The Scott Monument

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk    [Source: Old & New Edin

 

View looking to the north from the

 Scott Monument

This engraving is based on an 1845 ink and watercolour painting by Ebsworth.  Howie's Studio at 45 Princes Street is between the chimneys on the roof of the nearest building

Engraving by Ebsworth  -  View from the top of the Scott Monument looking to the north over Howie's rooftop studio

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk    [Source: Old & New Edin]

 

More pages on engravings

Background reading ...    Engravings  and Engravers

Engravings in Books ...    Index

Modern Athens  - 1829

Nelson's Pictorial Guide Books

Old & New Edinburgh  - 1890

Other

 

 

Engravers and Engraving

Books

Modern Athens - 1829

Old & New Edinburgh - 1890

Other engravings

Early engravers

More recent engravers

Engravings and Engravers

Engravings - index

Processes

Engravings

Etchers etc

Photographers

A selection of  Engravings

 

 

 

 

__________________