St Leonard's sidings were at the Edinburgh end of
the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway, Edinburgh's first passenger railway.
The railway opened in 1831 to transport coal. From 1832 it also
St Loenard's sidings were situated between
and Parkside Street, immediately to the west of Park Road. See the
light yellow square on the small-scale railway map of Edinburgh below.
From St Leonard's sidings, the railway passed
through a tunnel through Holyrood Park (now a public footpath and cycle
track) in the direction of