Dumbiedykes

c.1821

 

Dumbiedykes  -  c.1821

Map of part of Dumbiedykes including the Deaf & Dumb Academy after which the district was named

  Reproduced with acknowledgement to Eric Gold, formerly of Dumbiedykes, now living in London

 

Zoom-in to Arthur Street

c.1820

   Map of part of Dumbiedykes including the Deaf & Dumb Academy after which the district was named

 

Dumbiedykes

c.1821

The district of Dumbiedykes is the housing in the centre of this map between Pleasance and the edge of Holyrood Park.

Running up the left-hand side of this map is Nicolson Street, the main road from the south into Edinburgh past:

-   Edinburgh University (extreme left) then via

South Bridge and North Bridge to Princes Street

Arthur Street

    Dumbiedykes Survey Photograph - 1959  - Arthur Street with lemonade lorry

 

 

 

Dumbiedykes:   Streets  A-G     Streets  H-R    Streets  S-Z    More Pages

Edinburgh Photos

Edinburgh Recollections

Contributors

 

 

 

__________________