Haymarket Station

1842 onwards

Edinburgh's Railways  -  Haymarket Station

    peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

Haymarket Station

In 1842, Haymarket station opened, about half a mile to the west of the West End of Princes Street.  It was the original Edinburgh terminus for the line from Glasgow.

 

 

STATIONS mentioned on the EDINBURGH RAILWAYS pages

B

Balerno

Balgreen

Barnton

Berwick

Blackford Hill

Burntisland

C

Canal Street

Canonmills

Corstorphine

Craigleith

Craiglockhart Road

D

Dalkeith

Dalry Road

Davidson's Mains

Duddingston & Craigmillar

E

East Pilton

G

Glasgow

Gorgie

Granton Gas Works

Granton Road

H

Haymarket

L

Leith Central

Leith Citadel

Leith North

Lothian Road

M

Morningside Road

N

Newhaven (Cal)

Newhaven (NB)

Newington

Niddrie

North Bridge

P

Perth

Pinkhill

Portobello

Princes Street

S

Scotland Street

Sheriffhall

St Leonard's

T

Trinity

W

Waverley

Map

 Map of some of Edinburgh's Railways since 1831

 

__________________