The Statue here is of Professor John Wilson
"Christopher North", situated in the north-west corner of East Princes
Street Gardens, close to the National Galleries.
This view looks to the south-west. The
Galleries are immediately behind the statue, and
Assembly Hall in
Mound Place is in the background.
The statue is in bronze by John Steele. It
was erected in 1854.