Craigour

Moredun lies to the south of the new Edinburgh Royal Infirmary,
about 4 miles SE of the centre of Edinburgh.

 

A.

Prefab Housing

New Houses  -  1950-53

 

Craigour Avenue

No.5

John + Joan Morton at their prefab at 5 Craigour Avenue  -  Photo taken in 1950

1.

Prefabs and open fields at Craigour Avenue  -  Photo taken in 1950

2.

John + Joan Martin at their prefab, 5 Craigour Avenue  -  Photo taken 1950

3.

John Martin in the garden of his prefab at 5 Craigour Avenue  -  Photo taken 1950

4.

John + Joan Martin in the garden of their prefab at 5 Craigour Avenue  -  Photo taken 1950

5.

Bathtime:  Leanna Weeks  + John Morton at their prefab, 5 Craigour Avenue  -  Photo taken August 1950

6

Group including John Martin and 11 other children at 5 Craigour Avenue  -  Photo taken around 1953

7.

Coronation Party at the prefabs, Craigour Avenue  -  Photo taken 1953

8.

 

Prefab Housing

Photos 2008

 

Craigour Avenue

Looking north down Craigour Avenue, including some prefab housing

Looking to the South

Craigour Avenue  -  Prefab bungalows erected in the 1940s

No 8, 6

Looking north down Craigour Avenue, including some prefab housing

No 14

Craigour Avenue  -   prefab housing erected in the 1940s

No 14

Craigour Avenue  -  Prefab bungalow from the 1940s

No 36

Craigour Avenue  -   prefab bungalows erected in the 1940s

No 38, 36

Craigour Avenue  -  Prefab house erected in the 1940s and Palm Tree

No 19

Craigour Avenue  -  Housing including prefab houses erected in the 1940s

Nos 35, 37

Looking south up Craigour Avenue, including one of the prefab houses

No 55

 

Craigour Crescent

Craigour Crescent  -  Prefab bungalows erected in the 1940s

No 51, 53

Craigour Crescent  -  Prefab bungalows erected in the 1940s

Nos 53, 55

 

Craigour Drive

Looking to the NW down Craigour drive, with prefab bungalows built in the 1940s

Looking to the NW

Looking to the NW down Craigour drive, with prefab bungalows built in the 1940s

No 70

 

Prefab Housing

Background and Recollections

Craigour Gilmerton Moredun West Pilton

 

 

 

__________________